FRAM FILTRATION Real Street Eliminator (“RSE”) is back and so is your chance to show off your car’s braking, handling, and horsepower-generating abilities against the best cars in the nation at the Car Craft Summer Nationals™.
The editors of Car Craft magazine will select cars from three specific classes to compete at the nationals. If you are selected, you will receive an invitation to the FRAM Filtration Car Craft Real Street Eliminator, a special Real Street Eliminator windshield banner, and a chance to win a FRAM Filtration Car Craft RSE winner’s jacket, and a spot for your car in Car Craft magazine.
The Contest: Each vehicle will compete in the Car Craft Launch Box, the QA1 Autocross course, and the Lucas Oil Products Dyno competition where each vehicle will be tested for maximum horsepower on the chassis dyno. To be eligible for the RSE crown, you must compete in all three events.
Points: The Top Three finishers in any one class will receive 10-30 points for their respective positions using the best time, distance, or horsepower number depending on the event. The car with the most points out of 90 wins the FRAM Filtration Real Street Eliminator for each class. Cars finishing out of the Top Three will receive zero points. DNF and DNS entries will receive 0 points. If there is a tie, the car with the most HP on the dyno wins. DNF or DNS on the dyno count as zero hp.
Rules: All Competitors and vehicles must adhere to the rules and regulations set by the autocross sanctioning body (SCCA) and the Lucas Oil Products dyno contest. Exceptions to the rules are as follows:
- All Competitors and their competition vehicle must check in with RSE officials at the Launch Box and have made a competitive pass in any one of the three events no later than 1pm on Saturday, July 20th, 2013. RSE competitors who are registered but do not check in by noon on Saturday will not be allowed to compete. Check in by proxy is not allowed.
- No diesel fuels
- Racing gasoline is permitted
- Each competitor must display the RSE windshield banner on the competition vehicle during event.
- Rear wheel drive passenger cars only
- Allowed ONE session with no more than 2 pulls on the Dyno.
- Tire Rule: Only DOT Spec tires meeting tread wear indicator number of 200 or higher will be allowed to compete. This means a tread wear rating stamped on the sidewall of the tire must be a value of 200 or higher. A rating of 199 or less will not be allowed.
- Exception for Lucas Oil Dyno: An allowance has been made for the Dyno portion of competition to allow DOT legal soft compound tires to allow competitors to put down all the power they can. Example: a Mickey Thompson ET Street tire will be allowed for the Dyno portion only.
- Class 1: ’55-’81 American two-wheel-drive vehicles
- Class 2: ’82-and-newer American two-wheel-drive vehicles
- Class 3: Viper and Corvette class
To enter: Log onto the Vehicle Registration link to submit some general information about yourself, a photo of your car, and why you want to compete in the RSE contest. Car Craft editors will handpick the list and personally invite you to compete at the Car Craft Summer Nationals in St Paul Minnesota, July 19-20-21, 2013. Deadline for entries is July, 1, 2013. Schedules and event details will be e-mailed to selected participants and alternates before the date of the contest. Entry fee is $50 for registered Car Craft Summer Nationals participants.
RSE Competition Times (Times are subject to change)
Friday, July 19:
- 8:00am-10:30am Lucas Oil Dyno**
- 11:00am-2:00pm QA1 Autocross
- 2:00pm-3:30pm Launch Box
Saturday, July 20:
- 8:00am-10:30am Lucas Oil Dyno**
- 10:30am-Noon QA1 Autocross
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Launch Box
- 2:00pm-3:30pm QA1 Autocross
- 3:30pm-5:00pm Launch Box
- 8:00am-9:30am Lucas Oil Dyno**
- 10:00am-11:00am QA1 Autocross>
- 11:00am-Noon Launch Box
You MUST make your Dyno run during one of the above competition times. These times are set aside for RSE competitors only. You will not be permitted to compete on the Dyno during any other times. YOU will have ONE session on the Dyno ONLY. No Do-Overs!
Launch Box Specs
- 150’ total
- 25’ long by 12’ wide
- Standing start
- The finish box has an entry line and an exit line
- Rear axle centerline must be inside the entry line, front tires must be inside the exit line furthest from the radar gun. Hitting cones is a 10 sec penalty unless the cones stay inside the cone box (per SCCA rules) tires over either line is a DNF. Cars outside of the cone box will receive a DNF.
Source Interlink Media (Sponsor) reserves the right, in the exercise of its reasonable discretion, to deny or suspend participation in Sponsor’s event at any time to any person or entity based on: (a) a violation of the event rules; (b) conduct detrimental to the event or to the good will or image of Sponsor; (c) such person’s or entity’s failure to comply with any entry criteria, including the payment of any entry fees; or (d) any other conduct by such person or entity that Sponsor reasonably determines is unsuitable for the event or potentially damaging to the reputation of the event and/or Sponsor.