FAST FACTS AND FAQ
NOTE: Click the link near the bottom of the page for a printable version
The 2011 Car Craft Summer Nationals™, a three-day event showcasing over 5,000 street machines and muscle cars, will roll into St. Paul at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, July 22, 23 and 24, 2011. The event, which features all makes and models of two-wheel-drive vehicles as well as feature cars, will attract more than 45,000 spectators. Over 100 awards will be presented to the outstanding cars and trucks.
• NEW THIS YEAR! Pro Builder’s Shoot Out – The Industry’s top muscle car builders are invited to win through popular vote the coveted Car Craft Pro Builder of the Year Award. See the world’s best high-end muscle car builds from around the country.
• NEW THIS YEAR! Royal Purple Do-It-Yourself Garage – Learn from the pros as performance parts makers host seminars showcasing the parts you use and offering how-to muscle car tips.
• NEW THIS YEAR! Revell Make `N’ Take – Visit the Royal Purple Do-It-Yourself Garage for a chance to build a model car (on Saturday only) to take home. It’s FREE, so sign up early.
• TCI Burnout Contest -- Smokin’ Tires and Burnin’ Rubber.
• Car Craft magazine editors and photographers on site.
• Real Street Eliminator will be awarded to the vehicle showcasing the best braking, handling and horsepower-generating abilities in the nation.
• Witness the QA1 Autocross where drivers will be challenged on a timed obstacle course.
• Lucas Oil Dyno Challenge presented by E3 Spark Plugs - Test your torque and horsepower against the best!
• Mobil 1 Launch Box – Testing a combination of acceleration and braking performed in 150 feet.
• Miller Electric Main Stage
• CASH PRIZE Miss Car Craft Summer Nationals contest
• Car Corral, Family Fun Zone and Performance Marketplace
Car Show Participants:
Friday, July 22 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 23 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 24 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday, July 22 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 23 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 24 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Minnesota State Fairgrounds 1880 Como Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108 www.mnstatefair.org (651) 288-4400
Call 866-914-8922 or go to www.horsepowerhotels.com and book your hotel. You can ask for the closest hotels to the venues and the special rates they offer.
Participant entries are being accepted! Preregistration is $45, plus a $3.50 handling fee (valid until Friday, July 17th, 2011, or you may register you vehicle for $65 on-site beginning Thursday, July 21st at noon. Entry fee covers car, driver and copilot as well as children under 15. Registration also includes one goodie bag per car.
Advance sale discount tickets available at www.FamilyEvents.com powered by Showclix.com, 30 days prior to the event through midnight on Thursday, July 21th, 2011.
CLICK HERE TO GET ADVANCE TICKETS
Advance: Adult-$9, Child 6-12 years)-$8
Gate: Adult-$13, Child 6-12 years)-$8
2-Day Pass: $18 Adult/$16 Child 3-Day Pass: $27 Adult/$24 Child
*Children under six will be admitted free with paid adult.
ROPING OFF OF AREAS:
We want you to have the ability to be with your friends and car club members at the event. You may reserve a spot(s) for another, but the space MUST and we mean MUST be filled by 10am each morning. If not filled by 10am security will remove the roping, and the space becomes open to others. Please be considerate of others!
The Car Craft Summer Nationals offers a “Pick Style” awards program. The awards will be chosen by a selection of magazine photographers, editors and qualified professional judging staff. The judging picks will be done both Saturday and Sunday. The awards include a Top Ten Picks, Awards of Excellence (25), Editors Choice (10), Best in Show Chevrolet, Best in Show 1969 Camaro, Best in Show Ford, Best in Show BOP, Brand X Award, Best in Show Pro Street, Best in Show Pro Touring, Top Gun Paint Award, and the Innovation Award. There are also many other awards the editorial staff will choose! The latest information and a full schedule of events may be found at www.carcraft.com or by calling 1-877-413-6515.
REAL STREET ELIMINATOR:
3 separate classes this year! Show off your car's braking, handling, and horsepower-generating abilities against the best cars. You can register your ride for the Real Street Competition at www.carcraft.com until June 26th. The editors of Car Craft will hand pick the cars and personally invite you to compete at the event for Real Street Eliminator. To be eligible, you must compete in the Car Craft Launch Box Competition, QA1 Autocross Course, and the Lucas Oil/E3 Dyno Challenge Competition. See the complete info at www.carcraft.com, additional fee applies.
Credentials can only be picked up by the registered participant, at the Registration Trailer starting Thursday, July 15th at Noon. Please bring your VALID driver’s license to pick up your event credentials. All entrants registering must be 18 years or older. Registration credentials include a window sticker for the vehicle and a wristband for the driver, one passenger and any children under 15 riding in the registered vehicle. Additional passengers age 15 or over riding in the vehicle will be required to purchase a spectator ticket. Additional tickets are available in advance at www.familyevents.com Powered by ShowClix.
Entering the fairgrounds: Going East on Como turn left at Transient Way then right at gate 15. If you are going West on Como turn right on Transient Way (1st street after gate 14) then right at gate 15.
SIM/Sponsor(Car Craft) reserves the right, in the exercise of its reasonable discretion, to deny or suspend participation in Sponsor’s event at any time to any person or entity based on: (a) a violation of the event rules; (b) conduct detrimental to the event or to the good will or image of Sponsor; (c) such person’s or entity’s failure to comply with any criteria, including the payment of any entry fees; or (d) any other conduct by such person or entity that Sponsor reasonably determines is unsuitable for the event or potentially damaging to the reputation of the event and/or Sponsor.
GM Performance Division, Lucas Oil, E3 Spark Plugs, TCI, QA1, Mobil1, Royal Purple, General Tire, Meguiar’s, MagnaFlow, Miller Electric, Revell, Rust-Oleum, Tremec, Pioneer, Painless Performance, Peak