We spent no less than a days work, 13 cans of brake cleaner, half a bottle of Simple Green, and three cans of the Eastwood Companys Pre-Paint Prep before we had the engine bay degreased. Then, we masked off the painted body areas and sprayed the firewall, core support, and inner fenders with Eastwoods Underhood Black. It dries quickly to a semi-gloss finish. We gave it 20 minutes to cure, masked those panels off, and shot the frame with slower-drying, epoxy-based Chassis Black. We unmasked everything and gave the frame two days to completely dry (it was cold outside). The higher-gloss frame is a nice contrast with the rest of the engine bay. Well worth the time spent.